Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Coopers Best Extra Stout

Another beer from the foodery. My friend took one sip and passed this one off to me. I had recommended this to him when we went to the foodery because it was one of the better beers that I had in Australia. He obviously was not in the mood for a stout.

This one was heavy bitter chocolate coffee. Not a bad brew. Definitely a winter drink. I would definitely recommend this one, but probably won't have it again because of availability issues. Tasted much darker than I remembered from Australia.

6.3% ABV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if exported stout has a different recipe. I never see heads on any of the photos from overseas reviews, but every one I've ever had here tends to have an inch-thick of frothy brown head that never seems to go away!

Regardless, one of my favourite brews! Especially during winters!