Thursday, July 12, 2007

Victory Hop Devil Ale

I made my first trip to the foodery in Philadelphia today to pick up some singles. I am not sure how they get around Pennsylvania's laws but their selection was excellent.

The first beer out of the dozen that I bought was Victory. I tried this one first because I expected to like it the least as it was an India Pale Ale. While my expectations may be true, this was the best IPA that I have had to date. This is not saying too much because I tend to shy away from IPAs.

The taste was surprisingly smooth, but the sharp aftertaste caused complaints from both me and my friends. The alcohol was very well hidden. Even if you don't like Pale Ale, I would definitely give this one a try.

Drink by October 25, 2007
6.7% Alcohol
$2.50 from the foodery

No comments: